Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Do I miss Smoking?--Mystic Silks

" Einstein's E=Mc2" Silk Paintings

Well to answer this question, I would first need to think of all the reasons to smoke--Is there any?
I'd have to go way back to my original intention for smoking. I was 15 and needed to quit school to help support my family. I thought smoking would give the appearance that I was older than 15 when I went to job interviews.You know, I'm not sure they looked at me smoking and thought, " Hmm, she looks mature enough to handle this job." But, hey in my mind it was a prop.And, I smoked so boys would think I was old enough to date. Must've worked there, I ended up getting married at age 17. :)
OK, then I smoked to fit in. Back then in the late 50's 60's, it was chic to smoke. Women smoking were in fashion mags, on TV, in movies, on bill-boards. That smoke curling seductively from a women's lips , was the next best thing to a kiss--sooo provoacative, sexy--- Men wore cowboy hats and looked like hunks, with that cig in the corner of their mouth.
Men and women were seduced into smoking by the ad makers working for the tobacco companies. And folks, they made it CHEAP to smoke--25cents a pack!!

We used to give cartons of smokes to our parents, grandpareents, uncles and smoking aunts. It was the thing to be, and do,--- Back then.
So back to, do I miss smoking? When I stop to think of what they( the cigs) were doing to me, NO, who would miss being killed a little bit, day by day?
And, what did they( the cigs) ever do for me, really?

All my silk art is smoke free--visit at : http://mysticsilks.etsy.com/

No comments: